Lurcher SOS Lurcher and Sighthound Rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of abandoned and abused lurchers, greyhounds and other sighthounds.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.

Go down 
+25
ijb59
angel
macbeth
Alison
laralonglegs
juliag
tottenham43
dragoragirl
ktbea
surveyli
June
Lauraine
madfoxlady
Sheepy
angieh
JackieT
carocleo
lurcher fan
ptc
Deepeedee
wig49
Going to the Dogs
brooklyn
Jacqui
Laurie
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
wig49
Officially Barking Mad

LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Oh wow, what totally brilliant news I can go to bed happy now.  Bless her little heart and what a clever faithful little dog she must be to have found the strength and courage to get herself back to the only home and love she has probably ever known.  Very wet eyes here but so so happy.

Massive hugs to all the people who have spent the day traipsing around in this horrible weather trying to find her.
Back to top Go down
angel
Hopelessly Hound Addicted

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:48 pm

So pleased she's safe and sound ~  what a clever girl she is xx
Back to top Go down
ijb59
Junior Lurcher

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Oh my dog! Amazing!
Back to top Go down
laralonglegs
Admin and Homing Coordinator
laralonglegs

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 8:28 am

Update on Luna.
She is quite quiet and rather stiff this morning. I know how she feels. I don't think I have walked so far for a very long time and she must have travelled many, many more miles tracking back and forth. She certainly had luck on her side as she crossed the railway line and roads several times in her attempt to get back to us. I think she was on a mission from the time she escaped but every time someone tried to catch her she had to about turn. After dark there would have been less people around and she finally made it. Totally amazing, she is certainly a determined and clever little dog. I have always -in my opinion- had a good relationship with all the dogs I have had over the years but I can't think of one that would have done what she did. They would just have asumed I would come and get them. I still can't believe she did it but I do find it a great responsibility to have a dog that will put themself through what she did just to get back to me. awwblessI
Back to top Go down
madfoxlady
Officially Barking Mad

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:01 am

B****r. I didn't check again last night as was so upset about her being out and about and never dreamt the clever little girl would find her way in the dark to the place where she knew happiness.

She made me cry yesterday and she's done it again today but I'm so glad they're tears of joy today cheer cheer happy happy cheshire cheshire running dog 

What a clever, clever little dog.

I do so hope her escapade and resulting publicity leads to her forever home (if she isn't already in it that is rolleye )

Fabulous news.
Back to top Go down
dragoragirl
Officially Barking Mad

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:08 am

healing joint hugs Luna hug hug hug hug hug try to have a relaxing day today Cynthia you earned it hug
Back to top Go down
wig49
Officially Barking Mad
wig49

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:50 am

Quote :
I still can't believe she did it but I do find it a great responsibility to have a dog that will put themself through what she did just to get back to me.
I do feel for you and I can imagine exactly what you are feeling.  Obviously Lana loves you very much and her life on the streets must have taught her things which dogs not experiencing that do not know.  Perhaps her instinct to survive as well as her love brought her back.  She has shown that she can bond and love with somebody so hopefully if her forever home cannot be with you she will have the capacity to learn to love someone else equally.
Back to top Go down
Going to the Dogs
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Going to the Dogs

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:00 am

If Cynthia and Ken are able to keep Lana where she obviously wants to be, I'm sure that Lana's fan club would always sponsor her and help out with any veterinary expenses etc

Yes, it is a great responsibility.  I think I would find it humbling and would want to do the best for the dog. 

Salukis are like Lana/Luna.  Once they bond, that's it. That's why Phoebe and later Feh found their way back to me from Saluki Welfare.  They refused to settle in their new homes and eventually they were allowed to come back to me.  And then they were fine.   And that's why I can't pass on Lucy and Nell.   Pehaps Luna is part Saluki running dog lmaow 

Dogs do make important decisions.  

Oh, I love that Lana/Luna.  bigluff 

Wherever she goes, I think she will need the company of another dog.

And who on earth is going to want to adopt her after this escapade????
Back to top Go down
http://www.kimshome.org.uk/
JackieT
Officially Barking Mad
JackieT

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:05 am

I can't stop thinking about this little girl and her determination and courage to get back to her 'home' - she is just amazing.  And so are all the lovely people who gave up their time to go tramping around in the rain looking for her.  Thumbs Up 

The word 'publicity' got me thinking - this is a great story, would the local press not be interested?
Back to top Go down
Deepeedee
Adult Lurcher
Deepeedee

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:30 am

Keep this story away from the 'filth' in the press, they twist everything, lie and make up stories and I am sure they will vilify Luna's new owner.

Leave things as they are amongst ourselves because we know the true story.

We would be more than 'happy' to chip in towards Luna's 'running costs'

David & Barbara
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:42 am

Going to the Dogs wrote:

Salukis are like Lana/Luna.  Once they bond, that's it. 
Aint that the truth! I wasnt looking for another dog, but Toffee chose me when I went round to Lauries, and not a day goes by without her hugging me and telling me how much she loves me. I havent been round to Lauries since!mwaha mwaha
Back to top Go down
angieh
Junior Lurcher
angieh

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:20 am

What brilliant news - what a clever dog Lana is.  Whatever the outcome, it seems she has voted with her paws.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:52 am

This amazing little girl was the first thing on my mind this morning and instantly brought a smile to my face. I truely hope she can stay with Cynthia as the bond is incredible already. As has been said I think we could all help with her running costs.

Relax today Cynthia with Luna and your other dogs as I think it's well deserved.
Back to top Go down
Laurie
Admin
Admin
Laurie

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 1:27 pm

I have now spoken with Lana's adopter and it has been agreed to cancel the contract.  We shall be returning her deposit cheque and Lana will stay with Cynthia till she and I have decided what to do with the little monkey!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lurchersos.org.uk

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 5:36 pm

wee wee wee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Well done. Think that was the only option and one that I wholey agree with.

We need pics of the little minx after her treck.

Back to top Go down
tempo
Lurcher Puppy

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 5:52 pm

What an amazing little girl.    So glad she is back safe and sound.    x
Back to top Go down
Bill
Junior Lurcher
Bill

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 7:45 pm

OMG, been off for a couple of days and only just seen this. Read the whole thread from start to finish (with very blurry screen). I am so pleased that Lana has returned 'home'.

What an amazing little dog running dog 

If I had a dog that bonded with me like that and loved me so much that she made that dangerous journey all the way to get back to me, I would never let her go. It reminded me of the film Incredible Journey. Even now (when I am pushing 60) when I watch the film, I always blub when, at the end, the old dog (the one they thought would never make it) comes running to his owner, the young lad.

bigluff
Back to top Go down
dragoragirl
Officially Barking Mad

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 7:48 pm

Bill wrote:
OMG, been off for a couple of days and only just seen this. Read the whole thread from start to finish (with very blurry screen). I am so pleased that Lana has returned 'home'.

What an amazing little dog running dog 

If I had a dog that bonded with me like that and loved me so much that she made that dangerous journey all the way to get back to me, I would never let her go. It reminded me of the film Incredible Journey. Even now (when I am pushing 60) when I watch the film, I always blub when, at the end, the old dog (the one they thought would never make it) comes running to his owner, the young lad.

bigluff
me too Bill cry my eyes out from start to finish but still sit through it time and again. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Me 3 makes me sob every time lol
Back to top Go down
Monique56
Officially Barking Mad

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:43 am

Unbelievable!!  As long as she is safe and did not came to any harm. What a dog.....cheer
Back to top Go down
laralonglegs
laralonglegs

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Luna is now fully recovered from her little adventure. Enjoying her walks and especially interferring with any rough games that Joby and Jesse have running dog running dog She does like to be in control although strangely there is no interaction between her and Lara.
We are still trying to decide where her future will be Question Question . Obviously it would be a perfect ending for her if she stayed but we do have to do what is right for the other dogs and us. Needs some serious thought.scratch 
She is very wary of the camara so not easy to photograph but here are a few of her since her return.

Waiting for breakfast
LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 Lanawaitingforbreakfast

Showing off her little fat tummy.
LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 Lanafattummy

In the garden with big foster brother Jesse
LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 Lanajesse2

Oh do stop taking pictures of me!!
LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 Lanacamara
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Glad to see she is still looking well and happy after her little adventure.  I'm guessing its going to be a tough decision to make but as you say you have to make sure everyone is happy.  I'm sure what ever decision you make you will have the support of everyone here.  Good luck x
Back to top Go down
dragoragirl
Officially Barking Mad

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 5:40 pm

dont envy your position at all Cynthia Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked but as Charlie says we will support whatever decision is right for you all. the main thing is she is safe and well  hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug
Back to top Go down
Laurie
Admin
Admin
Laurie

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Gorgeous photos Cynthia. A very difficult place to be but as others have all said, no matter what your decision is we will still support and luff you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lurchersos.org.uk
brooklyn
Homecheck Coordinator
Homecheck Coordinator
brooklyn

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Pleased Laras recovered from her adventures phew  phew  Don't envy the choices you have but you have to make the right decision for everyone for years to come bighug  bighug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next