Lurcher SOS Lurcher and Sighthound Rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of abandoned and abused lurchers, greyhounds and other sighthounds.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.

Go down 
+25
ijb59
angel
macbeth
Alison
laralonglegs
juliag
tottenham43
dragoragirl
ktbea
surveyli
June
Lauraine
madfoxlady
Sheepy
angieh
JackieT
carocleo
lurcher fan
ptc
Deepeedee
wig49
Going to the Dogs
brooklyn
Jacqui
Laurie
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
brooklyn
Homecheck Coordinator
Homecheck Coordinator

LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Pleased Laras recovered from her adventures phew  phew  Don't envy the choices you have but you have to make the right decision for everyone for years to come bighug  bighug
Back to top Go down
angel
Hopelessly Hound Addicted

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:52 pm

hug hug hug hug  to you all. the decision has to be what is right for you and your pack xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Great pics Cynthia. We are all here to support you whatever you decide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:50 pm

Good grief, only just caught up with this - Cynthia and Ken you have been through it, haven't you?!!!! (Big hugs). Thank goodness clever Luna had the good sense to find her way back to you - fantastic xx
Back to top Go down
laralonglegs
Admin and Homing Coordinator
laralonglegs

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:33 am

Yes Annalie, not an experience we would choose to go thru' especially after what happened to Darcy. It certainly brought back horrid memories.Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad At least this one had a happy ending.
Back to top Go down
JackieT
Officially Barking Mad
JackieT

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:46 am

Lovely to see her looking relaxed and happy - she is so beautiful.  If I didn't have Killer Shadow.....oh well, ifs and buts and all that.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Laurie
Admin
Admin
Laurie

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:47 am

Lana will home easily.  All we need to do is make the new owners understand that she CANNOT be off lead in their garden EVER for a long while till she bonds with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lurchersos.org.uk
Going to the Dogs
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Going to the Dogs

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:17 pm

Do you think she would settle better if she was homed with Rene?

I don't envy the person who adopts her - lovely though she is - think of the stress of worrying about losing her. drinking 

And poor Cynthia would have to trek all over the country leaving a scent trail back to her home affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.kimshome.org.uk/
Laurie
Admin
Admin
Laurie

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:20 pm

To be honest I don't know who may home Rene.  All that is in the future once she gets here and we can assess her health situation.  It may be she will never be homed but stay in foster indefinitely.
Back to top Go down
laralonglegs
laralonglegs

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 5:49 pm

A few more pictures of Madam Luna with her new 'best friend' Buster who lives next door. They both like to be in charge so there is a lot of jostling and barging and what one does then the other has to do.

Quick march

LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 Lanaandbuster3

Eyes left
LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 Lanaandbuster2

Noses down
LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 Lanaandbuster
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Don't suppose Buster's owners would like another doglet? :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 6:18 pm

I thought that too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Going to the Dogs
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Going to the Dogs

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 6:53 pm

TILLYTOODLES wrote:
Don't suppose Buster's owners would like another doglet? :-)
I was wondering that too - at least Lana wouldn't have far to go to get "home"

But I guess it would be difficult for her to bond with someone else when Cynthia was still close by.
Back to top Go down
laralonglegs
laralonglegs

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Believe me it has been suggested but Carole, Buster's owner, is on her own and although she is tempted, she leads a busy life so I am often involved with looking after him. I think this contact would make it difficult for Luna to settle. Mind you, as Wendy  says, she could ping backwards and forwards over the fence to her hearts content.
Back to top Go down
laralonglegs
laralonglegs

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:09 pm

After much soul searching we have decided that Luna will continue to stay with us as a foster with a view to finding her the perfect forever home.
We know that it would have been lovely to say she was going to stay permanently but we have to consider hers, ours and our own dogs best interests. We think she would be best suited to a home with another mature dog that will not lead her astray unlike our two younger lurchers who often b****r off into the distance and I know she will follow and maybe get lost. This is just not something I am preparred to risk nor would I want to keep her on the lead all the time. With a more mature friend she can come off the lead which she needs to do and run around and have her mad moments but not be led astray. Obviously part of us is sad that she won't be staying but realistically she is not an old dog who would be happy to potter about on the lead, she loves running around and hopefully has many years ahead of her. She needs someone who is home most of the day, who will let her on the sofa and possibly the bed as she is now used to early morning cuddles although she doesn't sleep in the bedroom. Someone who has had dogs before and is prepared to spend time and effort on building a strong bond with her and also someone who, maybe, knows terriers and their ways.
I am sorry that this is probably not the decission that you would all have wished for but I think in the long term it is the right one.
She will stay here with us until that more than perfect home is found.
Back to top Go down
echobelle
Hopelessly Hound Addicted
echobelle

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:14 pm

You are being very honest and thoughtful of Lana's needs. You are giving her a wonderful experience which will help her bond once the right 'forever' person comes along who manages the settling in period properly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Aww that can't have been an easy decision but you are doing the right thing, you have to make sure everyone is happy in the future. She is a lovely little dog and she is lucky to be in such a fab foster home before her forever home comes along Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brooklyn
Homecheck Coordinator
Homecheck Coordinator
brooklyn

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Lana will in time find the perfect forever home for her and until then she is very lucky to have you as her foster family yes  yes  This decision must have been terribly hard for you but you know its for the best bighug  bighug

Last edited by brooklyn on Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dragoragirl
Officially Barking Mad

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:28 pm

bighug bighug bighug bighug bighug bighug bighug bighug  to you all, not an easy decision but the right one i am sure. Thank you for keeping her on as a foster where we all know she is very happy untill her perfect family come along.
Back to top Go down
Going to the Dogs
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Going to the Dogs

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm sure that the right home will come along for Lana one day - the sooner the better, I guess, so that she can switch allegiance.  She's bonded quickly and so she can do it again.

You are very kind to keep her on as a foster until that day comes. flowers 

On the recall thing - I bet she wouldn't stray from your side after last week's adventure  - whatever your naughty lurchers do.  You are probably the only person in the country who couldn't lose Lana. lmaow
Back to top Go down
ptc
Officially Barking Mad
ptc

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Cynthia, I don't envy you having to make the decision.
Only you know what's right for your pack/family.
I think the right home is out there for Lana, and she will settle and be happy there and bond with her new family, too.
Back to top Go down
laralonglegs
laralonglegs

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Going to the Dogs wrote:

On the recall thing - I bet she wouldn't stray from your side after last week's adventure  - whatever your naughty lurchers do.  You are probably the only person in the country who couldn't lose Lana. lmaow
At the moment that may be the case but she is gaining in confidence as each day passes little love. running dog running dog running dog
She is so funny to watch when she is doing mad circles thru' the long grass and then crouching down waiting to pounce on the long legged pointy nosed creatures that fly by.
Back to top Go down
Laurie
Admin
Admin
Laurie

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 8:22 pm

I am going to close this thread now as it really was a lost Lana thread. We have a Lana thread in Hounds Needing Homes that we can all post on in future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.   LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA.  PAGE 3 UPDATE. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

LANA IS SAFE LANA IS SAFE BACK WITH CYNTHIA. PAGE 3 UPDATE.
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6